In 1996 the members of country super group Ricochet watched their debut single, “What Do I Know”, rise to the Top 5 earning the band the honor of the highest charting debut single of the year. The follow up single release, “Daddy’s Money”, became an immediate across the board hit, rising to #1 on the Radio & Records Country Singles Chart, the Gavin Country Singles Chart and the Billboard Country Singles Chart (where it stayed #1 for two consecutive weeks). The band’s distinctive musical style and intricate harmonies earned them the recognition as one of the most popular vocal groups in country music, a mantle they still wear today
Now, more than fifteen years later, “The Hardest Working Band In Country Music” is still going strong. The band continues to create great country music, sung with the distinctive harmonies that are their hallmark. They log thousands of miles on the road each year thrilling audiences of all ages across the United States and abroad.
Heath Wright - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar & Fiddle (and Dough Bro, that's the guy that hands out the money at the end of the night!)
Chris Hempfling - Drums & Vocals (and lead whistler)
Steve Hamby -Bass Guitar & Vocals (backup whistler)
Larry Hight -Steel Guitar, Electric and Acoustic Guitar, Saxophone & Vocals (and "old-man noises")
Matt Harelik -Keyboards, Trumpet & Vocals (auxiliary percussion and occasional Jews Harp)
• Ricochet’s debut single, “What Do I Know”, was the highest charting debut single of 1996 rising to #3 in R&R and #5 in Billboard. The follow up release, “Daddy’s Money”, was #1 in R&R, Billboard, Gavin and Country Network.
• Recognized as one of Country Music’s hardest working groups, Ricochet has performed thousands of shows over the past 15+ years and they continue to perform to sold out venues all over North America.
• Ricochet is the only the only country artist to ever chart our National Anthem and is in constant demand to perform it live. They have performed the anthem for our men and women in uniform, at NASCAR Sprint Cup Events, at Major League Baseball Events, at National Football League Events, at National Hockey League Events, at PBR and PRCA Professional Rodeo Events and others national events.
• In addition to eight nationally broadcast, high rotation music videos, Ricochet has made repeated national network television appearances including The Tonight Show, Prime Time Country, The Grand Ole Opry, Crook & Chase, The CMA Awards, The ACM Awards, The CCMA Awards, Speedvision and many others.
• Ricochet has headlined 2 USO Tours: Operation Season’s Greetings 2000 to Japan and Korea, and Operation Season’s Greetings 2001 which took the group to Spain, Sicily, Germany, Macedonia, Turkey, and Portugal to perform for the men and women of our Armed Services.
• In 2009, 2010 and 2011, Ricochet performed in Washington DC at the annual ceremony to present the Grateful Nation Award, established in 2003, to six young heroes chosen from each of the five branches of the U.S. military and the U.S. Special Operations Command. The award, presented by JINSA, recognizes these young service men and women for having distinguished themselves through superior conduct in the War on Terrorism.
Top New Vocal Group--Academy of Country Music
Group of the Year--Radio & Records Reader’s Poll
Top New Country Artist--Billboard Magazine
Most Valuable Performer--Radio & Records
Favorite New Group or Duo--Country Weekly Golden Pick Award
Top Vocal Group Nominee--Academy of Country Music
Vocal Group Of The Year Finalist--Country Music Association
Favorite Duo or Group Nominee--3rd Annual Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
Top Selling Artist--CMA Music Fest
“What Do I Know” - Top 5
“Daddy’s Money” - #1 in R&R, Billboard, Gavin & Country
“Love Is Stronger Than Pride” - Top 10
“Ease My Troubled Mind” - Top 20
“He Left A Lot To Be Desired” - Top 20
“The Star Spangled Banner”
“Blink Of An Eye” - Top 40
“Connected At The Heart” - Top 40
“Can’t Stop Thinkin’ ‘Bout That” - Top 40
“Seven Bridges Road” - Top 40
“Do I Love You Enough” - Top 40
“She’s Gone” - Top 40
“Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow”
“That’s Love” - #1 Power Source, April 2005
“I Had To Be Me”
“Feel Like Fallen’”
“My Christmas List”
Ricochet - SONY/Columbia (RIAA Certified Gold)
Blink Of An Eye - SONY/Columbia
What You Leave Behind - SONY/Columbia
The Live Album - Cowtown
Ricochet Reloaded – Hits Plus - miRecords
Ricochet 15 Years and Counting...--mi Records